Emergency Dentistry: Financial Resources
Making Treatment Emergencies Affordable
Find more help regarding public and private
financial assistance for qualifying families and individuals here
HRSA Federally funded dental health programs are also available for individuals and families who are unable to pay for health care. In many instances, patients are not turned away due to an inabiity to pay. Visit the Federal Dental Health Clinics directory for more information.
It is generally accepted that as dental patients, we all "know" that we are supposed to do all the things our dentists or specialists want us to do.
And of course, we try to do the best we can with maintaining our dental health habits. Chances are though, we tend to let certain things slide from time to time. Financial resources can easily become tight at times, especially with larger families or having simulataneous dental treatment needs for more than one child.
Emergency dental treatment needs arise at all times of day and night... and especially the weekends. Finding an emergency practice is difficult enough, depending upon the time of day and urgency of need. Finding a way to pay for it can be even more difficult, especially with larger families.
Well known financial institutions now offer financing plans (some even interest free) that enable us to get the dental care when it is needed ... and MOST affordable. Federal, State and Local government and private agencies also provide assistance for qualifying families.
More information about these resources is available on the internet. Most firms now provide on-line application forms to simplify the loan application process.
- Medicaid Qualified recipients can contact State agencies for more information
- FreeDentistry.com State by state directory of free or reduced fee health care resources
- Dental Research Programs Investigate Free Opportunities, Nationally and Internationally
- CitiBank offers the Citi Health Card
- Unicorn Financial offers financing plans for assorted orthodontic needs
- CareCredit, a popular provider promoted by many orthodontists
- CapitalOne Credit offers financing plans for assorted orthodontic and dental surgery needs
- EZPay Solutions offers financing plans dedicated to helping people with all credit histories attain financing for dental services (not to be confused with EZ Pay Dental)
- More and more practices offer In-House Financing for new and established patients